Welcome EGGfest Cooks
What we provide:
- Choice of either one Large or X-Large Big Green Egg and nest
- Starter cubes
- (1) Table
- Tent (10×10)
Here are a few recommended items you’ll need:
- Meat or Vegetables to cook along with any sides you would like to go with it.
- Spices and Seasonings
- Ice chest and Ice
- Utensils (forks, knives, spoons)
- Plates and Napkins
- Dish soap and Hand Sanitizer
- Foil trays, toothpicks, paper towels
- Meat thermometer
- Tables to prepare food & washing station to clean cooking utensils
- Smoking woods to use on Demo EGG
If you’d like to participate in this year’s Stine EGGfest as a cook, We ask that you prepare a total of 300 samples during the event. You may cook anything you want, it doesnt even have to be meat. We welcome any type of food that you would like to present to our attendees. We will maintain pits throughout the event. Only Big Green Egg charcoal is allowed and will be provided by Stine. Teams may arrive as early as 7a.m., but no later than 9a.m. We will do a meat check before you begin cooking.
Food Preparation/Serving Guidelines
• Personnel that handles food must wash their hands as frequent as necessary. Disposable gloves may be used but their use does not substitute for and washing.
• Contestants must wear gloves at all times from prep, cooking to serve. We will provide food gloves for every contestant.
• Bare hand contact of ready to eat food by workers is not allowed.
• Ready-to-eat food includes any food, fruit, or vegetable product that is edible without washing, cooking or addtional preparation by workers, and is reasonably expected to be consumed in that form.
• Avoid touching food with bare hands by using utensils, disposable gloves or other suitable methods.
• Hair restraints and clean clothes are required of personnel doing food preparation. Food handlers are not permitted to wear ornate hand jewelry.
• Cold food must stay at or below 41 degrees Fahrenheit. Hot food must stay above 135 degrees Farenheit or above.
• Food must be supplied from an approved source. No food prepared in a private home. Food invoices/receipts must be available at booth for approval, if requested.
• Store any unused/sanitized food, food containers, utensils, napkins, beverage cups, straws and other single service items must be stored at least six inches above the floor and protected from splash, dust, insects, weather, or other contamination.
• All condiments must be available in single shelf-service packets or properly dispensed from sanitary dispensers.